Available in Gel & Liquid versionSPC-909N is a water based coating remover which is environmentally friendlier and safer to use than traditional chemical strippers.
RECOMMENDED USESPC-909N can be applied on coatings adhered to all types of aircraft including helicopters.
BENEFITS OF SPC-909N
- Water based
- User friendlier
- Replaces toxic chlorinated and caustic products
- Reduces health and environmental risk
- Neutral pH
PREPARATIONPrior to application of product remove any grease and heavy dirt from aircraft, mask and protect all areas and other painted surfaces not being stripped. Masking tape should be MIL-T23397B Type ll or equal. Check OEM manuals for appropriate masking procedures.
- Airless spray equipment with chemical resistant piston pumps larger than 2hp or capable of above 200 psi should be used. For small areas the product can be brushed using a soft medium brush. Nozzle Tip – 0.53 to 0.79 (0.021″to 0.031″) Spray Angle – 65° to 80°
- Apply generously to ensure an even coverage. Repeat application may be required. A coverage of a litre per square meter or better can be achieved.
- Dwell times will vary but should range between 1 and 12 hours. SPC-909N can be left on overnight.
- When the bond between the paint and the substrate has been broken, the paint can be easily removed by pressure water washing and or rubber squeegee. Remove SPC-909N when moist, do not allow product to dry out.
- Being water based SPC-909N will work faster in warmer temperatures. 65°F (18°C) and above are desired. For optimum performance temperatures between 100°F – 115°F (28°C-32°C) would be required.
- Thoroughly rinse surface with water to ensure all SPC-909N residue is removed.